How to determine the quality of whey protein supplements

How to determine the quality of whey protein supplements

Whey protein provides all the protein and nutrients you need to improve your energy levels and help you reach your bodybuilding goals safely and effectively. Whey protein is ideal for supporting the growth and maintenance of muscle mass in conjunction with strength training. Whey protein is effective in preventing age-related muscle loss and improving strength. So when choosing fitness supplements online that are whey protein packs, shop for the best products available.

Whey is a boon to all fitness enthusiasts as it has many benefits such as weight loss and weight management, muscle building and muscle recovery. Made with high quality protein and without additives. Whey is suitable for bodybuilders and athletes. Taking whey protein is a great way to increase your protein intake, which should have major benefits for weight loss.

Process in making Whey Protein Powder

Milk contains two types of protein. One contains about 80% casein and the other about 20% whey. Whey is liquid and consists of proteins, vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates and lactose. Finally, it is filtered and processed into a powder. It now contains a huge amount of protein, vitamins and nutrients. Also small amounts of lactose, fat and carbohydrates.

Quality

For many people, the quality of the protein source is the highest priority. When it comes to assessing quality, there’s a lot of talk about complete versus incomplete proteins. Proteins are made up of amino acids, which are sort of like different colored Legos. They can be put together in different ways to serve different purposes in the body. In all, your body uses 20 different amino acids. Seven of those amino acids are non-essential amino acids. That’s because your body can create those on its own.

There are also four conditionally essential amino acids, which are ones your body can make, but not always. For example, your body might have a harder time making enough of them when you’re sick, or after hard athletic training.

Ingredients 

It is important to carefully read the composition listed in the nutrition table, as it is often possible to determine whether the product is really composed of only protein or other undesirable elements. Let's assume that someone buying a protein supplement requires a product that meets certain requirements and quality standards. Analysis of the biological value (BV) and chemical score (IPC) of the protein are just two of the parameters that can tell us whether the purchased protein meets certain standards or not. 

When reading the components, the first active component is the element most present in the product. If the term whey protein concentrate (WPC) is present, we encounter a protein containing up to 70-80% protein with a reduced amount of lactose and fat. 

Buy Divine Nutrition's Products online  

Divine Nutrition's Premium quality whey protein concentrate – Life Whey contains ProHydrolase Enzymes that increase absorption and aid digestion, without bloating. Life Whey also boosts overall growth, amplifies energy levels, and promotes healthy brain function with the goodness of Vitamin B-Complex. 

Conclusion 

The protein content can be changed if, reading between the ingredients, we find hints of some amino acids in free form, such as: glycine, alanine, lysine, glutamic acid, leucine, isoleucine and valine. Although at first glance it may be an advantage to have free amino acids in a protein product, it is important to consider that these amino acids have no function in a pure protein product.

Back to blog